Poole: +44 (0)1202 647400  Exeter: +44 (0)1392 222600

  • SMG Insurance Solutions

Exclusive Insurance Scheme for SMG Members

A comprehensive insurance scheme arranged by Coleman Insurance Brokers available exclusively for SMG members and designed to protect you from the risks faced by carpet, flooring and soft furnishing retailers & installers.

In addition to comprehensive cover for your buildings, stock, contents and business interruption insurance requirements the scheme also provides the following bespoke cover enhancements:

Professional indemnity & Financial Loss cover  £250,000 
Liability cover when staff or sub-contractors are working at your customers' premises, not just whilst at your own shop or unit  Included
Loss of customers keys by your employees  £75,000
Failure to secure customer premises by your employees  £75,000
Misuse of customer phones by your employees £50,000
Damage to your customers' carpets after cleaning £50,000
Temporary removal of customers' property £50,000
Damage to your customers' items when being used such as their vacuum cleaner Included
Coleman Risk Assist (online risk management) Included
Minimum Public & Products Liability limit of indemnity £5 million
Legal Expenses £100,000

What is Professional Indemnity & Financial Loss Cover?

A general Public Liability policy will insure you only for your legal liability to third parties for damage and injury caused by you or your employees, however, what happens if you are held legally liable for damages where there is no injury or damage, perhaps a design issue?

The scheme automatically includes cover – does your current policy?

My shop insurance already provides Public Liability cover – why do I need wider cover?

Standard Shop package insurance policies can restrict your liability cover to just your premises – i.e. cover for when a member of the public trips over in your shop.

The scheme will provide cover for your staff whilst working at your customer’s premises – if they damage the expensive TV on the wall at your customers' home, there is cover in place to protect you.

Cover for items in your control or being worked upon – I must be already covered?

A standard Public liability policy will exclude cover for items in your control for instance, your customers' vacuum cleaner you have borrowed to clean up, or can exclude cover for items being worked upon such as, your customers' carpet during any cleaning process.

You would however be covered with the scheme subject to the policy limits and excess.

Customer Trust

What happens if your staff or sub-contractors misuse your customers' phone, fail to secure their home when leaving, or lose their keys?

It’s unlikely, but the scheme will give you and your customers' the peace of mind that there is insurance cover in place to assist.

All these cover extensions are available under the exclusive scheme at no extra cost and are covers that are generally excluded  under a  standard non-scheme policy or only available for additional premium.

The scheme will also match your existing limits and reduce your premium by a minimum 10% subject to being claim free for the last 5 years. We just need evidence of your current premium and cover, to agree with you the correct Business Interruption insurance level and we can then get your policy arranged.

Copyright © The Coleman Group 2016

Coleman, Coleman Insurance Brokers, Coleman Marine Insurance and SMG Insurance Solutions are trading styles of E Coleman & Co Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You can find us on the FCA Register under register number 306919 which includes holding Permission as a Credit Broker. E Coleman & Co Ltd does not charge any fees to customers in relation to Credit Broking activities.

Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR |  Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 |  www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Consumers wishing to complain about a policy sold by email, can register the complaint using the Online Dispute Resolution platform (ODR) at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/